Watermelon Mint Vinaigrette (AIP)
This wonderfully refreshing salad dressing was born in one of those beautiful kitchen moments in which you just start throwing things together thinking, “yeah, that might work,” and out comes one of the tastiest things you’ve ever made.
Then, you try to make it again and, wah wah wah…..
So this recipe took a little tinkering to get it right again, but I’m happy to present it you now just in time for the last few end of summer barbeques (Labor Day, I’m looking at you).
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1.5 T fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Black Pepper (optional -- NOT AIP)
- ~1 cup watermelon
- Place all ingredients neatly on a cutting board for photo op
- Post photo to Instagram; be sure to imply that this is how you cook/eat all the time even though we all know it isn’t (this step is imperative for maximum enjoyment of any meal)
- Put ingredients in blender
- Hit buttons on blender
Yield: ~1 cup
I’ve found this to be a great dressing for salads made with bitter greens, like this Escarole, Radicchio, and Dandelion Salad. I also speculate that it would make a pleasant addition to a nice, fresh summer fruit salad. Happy picnicking!