Mint "Chocolate" Fudge (AIP)
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my full affiliate disclosure.
So I must first start off by admitting that this recipe isn't 100% original (adapted from this recipe from Golden Barrel). Normally I'd have tried the recipe as is, but since I'm currently following the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP), I'm avoiding the almond butter and chocolate in the original recipe. Instead, I decided to doctor it up a bit to make an AIP-Friendly Mint "Chocolate" Fudge, replacing the almond butter with homemade coconut butter, and the cacao powder with carob powder. I also added some peppermint essential oil because mint and chocolate are best friends and I thought mint might also like hanging out with carob. I knew I had a hit when my 6-year old sisters approved!
BONUS: this dessert is also keto-friendly, especially if you sub stevia (not AIP-friendly) for the sweetener!
- ~10 servings, each containing:
- 204 kcal, 18g fat, 11g total carb (7g sugar), and 1g protein
- 1/2 cup unrefined extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup toasted carob powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey (+/- 1 tbsp, to taste)
- 1/8 tsp salt (I use pink himalayan)
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil (I'm sure extract would work just fine)
- Combine all ingredients in small sauce pan
- Melt ingredients over low to medium heat (nothing needs to boil or cook)
- Pour into loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- Place in refrigerator to set (I found it was helpful to stir every 30 minutes or so, to keep the oil from separating and rising to the top)
Try it out and let me know what you think!
I'll probably keep working on different variations so make sure you follow my Instagram page for all the latest recipes and posts!